MOM & BABY
All Clinix mommies will find all the information they need to have a worry-free pregnancy and a healthy and happy start to their babies first days. Browse through the pictures of our newest family members, they are too cute not to love!
OUR LITTLE FAMILY
During the first and third trimester of your pregnancy, you will be likely to experience fatigue. Although exercise can help with this it is also important that you get enough rest.
Try to take a 30-60 minute nap every day and avoid exercising late in the day or evening. Visit your Clinix Mother & Baby Wellness Centre to find out more about relaxation techniques and advice.
First Trimester (1 - 12 Weeks)
First Trimester (week 1 – week 12)
• As the embryo grows into a foetus, major organs begin to
• Spinal cord and brain formation takes place
• Heartburn, mood swings, nausea and fatigue are common
• Your breasts may be tender and nipples tend to darken
• You may discover the need to urinate more frequently as your
Second Trimester (week 13 – week 28)
• You can have an ultrasound to reveal the baby’s sex
• Your baby will start to develop hair and nails
• You will start feeling your baby move
• Your belly expands as the baby grows
• You may experience swelling and body aches
Third trimester (week 29 – week 40)
• You will feel your baby ‘kicking’
• You may start to experience contractions
• At 37 weeks a baby is considered to be ‘full term’
• Your breasts may be tender and produce colostrum